MOTORING OFFENCES DEALT WITH IN THE MAGISTRATES COURT
For Motoring Offences which can only be dealt with in Magistrates Court e.g. Drink/Drug driving, Due Care, Speeding, Document Offences.
A) GUILTY PLEA
If you plead Guilty and are dealt with at the First Hearing we charge a fixed fee of £500 + VAT @ 20%.
This fee includes:
- Attendance on you and taking instructions from you
- Considering the evidence
- Advising on plea and procedure
- Advising on likely sentence
- Advising on grounds for appeal
- Attendance and representation at a single Hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- Taking statements from any witnesses
- Instructing an expert witness and the experts fee
- Drafting Notice of Appeal and Appeal Hearing
The above is based on the presumption that you enter a guilty plea.
B) NOT GUILTY PLEA
If you plead Not Guilty we will base our charges on an hourly rate of between:
- £185 per hour for a Solicitor/Legal Assistant
- £220 per hour for a Senior Solicitor
- Attendance on you and taking instructions
- Considering prosecution evidence and providing advice
- Advising on plea throughout
- Arranging to take witness statements if necessary
- Obtaining further instructions from you if necessary and answering any follow up queries
- We will attend Court on the day of trial and meet you before the Hearing and represent you throughout the Hearing.
Most motoring trials are listed for a half day Hearing however, we may be at Court all day depending on the volume of cases in the Court that day. We have no control over the Court listing.
We will discuss the outcome of the case. If relevant we will advise on appeal.
If you wish us to pursue an appeal on your behalf this will carry an additional cost.
This does not include the fees of an expert witness (if appropriate) travelling to and from Court.
[An average fee for a half-day trial in Weston-super-Mare Magistrates’ Court is £1500 + VAT]